Scott Industrial Systems is a large fluid power/motion control distributor providing engineered solutions for Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, Western Pennsylvania, Illinois, and Tennessee. We are currently seeking a Shipping and Receiving Associate for our Schaumburg, IL office. We distribute products from the world’s leading fluid power equipment manufacturers, including Eaton/Vickers, Parker, and over 40 others. We are a privately held business with nearly 100 employees that has been in business for 73 years.
Position Summary: The Shipping and Receiving Associate’s primary responsibilities include preparing and verifying orders for shipment. This position requires a reliable self-starter with a strong commitment to quality. Teamwork and communications skills are vital to collaborate with all departments within the company.
• Verify and record incoming and outgoing shipments.
• Set up new vendors in the ERP system.
• Operate a computer to access and enter correct information.
• Maintain inventory of materials and supplies.
• Communicate and collaborate with all levels of an organization.
• Prepare shipping documents and create mailing labels.
• Assemble kits for shipment.
• Obtain and maintain forklift certification.
• Schedule pickups with freight companies.
• Handle “will call” customers.
• Communicate with customers about product brought in for repair.
• All other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• High School diploma
• Entry level – 3+ years of shipping and receiving experience preferred
Qualifications and Skills:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent mechanical skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to learn ERP system and other related software programs.
Scott Industrial Systems offers competitive compensation package and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, plus a 401k plan with company matching.