Project Engineer – Scott Industrial Systems
Scott Industrial Systems is a large fluid power/motion control distributor providing engineered solutions for Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, western Pennsylvania, and Tennessee. We are currently seeking a Project Engineer for our Engineered Systems group in Dayton, Ohio. We distribute products from the world’s leading fluid power equipment manufacturers, including Eaton/Vickers, Parker, and over 40 others. We are a privately held business with nearly 100 employees that has been in business for 70 years.
Position Summary: The Project Engineer’s primary responsibility will be managing projects related to hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical design and systems integration. Project management, teamwork and communications skills are vital to collaborate with all departments within the company as well as outside vendors and customers.
• Determine the design and performance parameters for hydraulic system applications
• Develop quotations for these systems based on the initial design and specifications
• Generate purchase orders for components and material
• Generate preliminary schematics, bill of materials, fabrication and layout drawings
• Provide direction and support through the construction process
• Oversee the final testing of the completed system
• Initiate final technical documentation for completed projects
• Technical support and troubleshooting for customers and sales team
Required Education and Experience:
• B.S. in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology
• Entry Level to 5+ years related work experience
• Proficient in CAD and 3D modeling
Qualifications and Skills (Preferred):
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Project Management-ability to successfully prioritize and organize multiple tasks
• Strong written and verbal communications
• Previous hydraulic experience a plus
How We Value Our Employees:
Scott Industrial Systems adheres to the principal that “You are Important” no matter what your job within the company. We exemplify this through active and open communication with our team, company events to celebrate our collective achievements, and training to give you the skills you need to succeed.
Our Dayton Headquarters:
We have newly remodeled offices in Dayton as well as a new and expanded service area. The upgrades to our building mean new professional capabilities. We also feature an updated break room area and a workout facility available to all our employees.