Manager of Purchasing & Inventory Control – Scott Industrial Systems
Scott Industrial Systems is a large fluid power/motion control distributor providing engineered solutions for Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, western Pennsylvania, Illinois, and Tennessee. We are currently seeking a Manager of Purchasing & Inventory Control. This position is located in our Dayton, Ohio office. We distribute products from the world’s leading fluid power equipment manufacturers, including Eaton/Vickers, Parker, and over 40 others. We are a privately held business with nearly 100 employees that has been in business for 70 years.
Position Summary: This role would be responsible for inventory control and purchasing activities company wide.
Required: 2-year Associates Degree
Preferred: 4-year BS Degree in Business
Required: Minimum 5 years purchasing for distribution or manufacturing
Preferred: 5 years management for Purchasing and Inventory Control
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
• Recruit, hire, train and relieve staff for inventory control and purchasing
• Prepare quarterly inventory reports for Officers
• Review monthly and quarterly inventory reports for corrective actions
• Establish and maintain procedures for inventory control, purchasing and
• Continual update and maintenance of all purchasing and inventory control settings in the ERP system.
• Insure that current vendor pricing increases are posted to Scott intranet and up-loaded to ERP System
• Prepare and maintain all Customer Inventory Agreements and Blanket Orders
• Review non-stock sales for possible new stock items
• Complete performance reviews for all direct reports
• Purchasing of major vendor lines
• Organize and maintain physical inventory cycle counting
How We Value Our Employees:
Scott Industrial Systems adheres to the principal that “You are Important” no matter what your job within the company. We exemplify this through active and open communication with our team, company events to celebrate our collective achievements, and training to give you the skills you need to succeed.
Our Dayton Headquarters:
We have newly remodeled offices in Dayton as well as a new and expanded service area. The upgrades to our building mean new professional capabilities. We also feature an updated break room area and a workout facility available to all our employees.