Scott Industrial Systems is a large fluid power/motion control distributor providing engineered solutions for Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, western Pennsylvania, Illinois, and Tennessee. We are currently seeking a Fluid Power Technician for our Engineered Systems group in Dayton, Ohio. We distribute products from the world’s leading fluid power equipment manufacturers, including Eaton/Vickers, Parker, and over 40 others. We are a privately held business with nearly 100 employees that has been in business for 70 years.
Position Summary: The technician’s primary responsibilities include the building and fabrication of hydraulic and pneumatic Engineered Systems projects. We are looking for an individual with a solid hands-on, mechanical background. Teamwork and communications skills are vital to collaborate within the department and with customers.
• Read schematics and follow drawings to build hydraulic system applications
• Work with engineering staff on the initial design and specifications
• Identify components and materials being used in the system and integrate them
• Ability to follow direction and ask for assistance if needed through the construction process
• Perform final testing of the completed system
• Complete technical documentation for completed projects
• Support and troubleshooting of systems for the engineering team
Required Education and Experience:
• High School diploma (tech or vocational education a plus)
• Associate’s Degree in Fluid Power preferred
• Entry Level to 5+ years mechanical work experience
• Provide your own basic hand tools
Qualifications and Skills (Preferred):
• MIG welding, industrial maintenance
• Ability to successfully prioritize and complete multiple tasks
• Industrial wiring
• Previous hydraulic experience would be a plus
Scott Industrial Systems offers competitive compensation package and benefits including medical, dental and life insurance. 401k plan with company matching. Uniforms Provided. 7:00am -3:30pm M-F Full Time.
Our Dayton Headquarters:
We have newly remodeled offices in Dayton as well as a new and expanded service area. The upgrades to our building mean new professional capabilities. We also feature an updated break room area and a workout facility available to all our employees.