Engineering Director – Scott Industrial Systems
Scott Industrial Systems is a large fluid power/motion control distributor providing engineered solutions for Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, western Pennsylvania, Illinois, and Tennessee. We are currently seeking an Engineering Director for our Engineered Systems group in Dayton, Ohio. We distribute products from the world’s leading fluid power equipment manufacturers, including Eaton/Vickers, Parker, and over 40 others. We are a privately held business with nearly 100 employees that has been in business for 70 years.
Position Summary: This role would be responsible for expanding our fluid power and electronic control capabilities. They would manage the Engineering Department for a large hydraulic/pneumatic distributor. Direct reports include hydraulic power unit and system design engineers, electrical engineers, and applications engineers.
• Expand fluid power and electronic motion control systems capabilities
• Develop annual business plan for engineering services including hydraulic power units, solution systems and hydraulic repair. Provide quarterly progress report.
• Support sales team to achieve sales goals of engineered services.
• Monitor Engineering Department workflow, results, training needs, target accounts and manpower utilization.
• Conduct annual performance and salary reviews with team members.
• Promote engineered services with sales team and customers.
Required Education and Experience:
• B.S. degree in Engineering.
• Strong background in fluid power and electronic motion control systems.
• Management experience with engineers and shop personnel preferred.
• Strong leadership and team building skills.
How We Value Our Employees:
Scott Industrial Systems adheres to the principal that “You are Important” no matter what your job within the company. We exemplify this through active and open communication with our team, company events to celebrate our collective achievements, and training to give you the skills you need to succeed.
Our Dayton Headquarters:
We have newly remodeled offices in Dayton as well as a new and expanded service area. The upgrades to our building mean new professional capabilities. We also feature an updated break room area and a workout facility available to all our employees.