Scott Industrial Systems held a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 11 a.m. Friday, July 31st to celebrate a major renovation to their Dayton headquarters. This public event brought together customers, employees, city leaders, and community members to commemorate the 18,000 square foot expansion.
Scott Industrial’s chairman, Randall Scott, took time in the ceremony to discuss the genesis of the company from the home of his parents, Roger and Doris Scott in 1948. Scott’s address focused on the growth of the company and the need for the new expansion.
President Christina Logan then addressed the gathered community members and local news media regarding the recent renovations. Logan put particular emphasis on how it sets up the company for future growth, including larger, more complex engineering projects.
Along with company management, the event also featured remarks from several members of local and state government. Dayton’s City Manager, Warren Price, commended Scott Industrial on renovations based on the efforts and success of the employees rather than relying on public funding. Sandra Brasington, Western Regional Liaison, came with an address from the Governor’s Office. She sincerely thanked the company for focusing growth in the state of Ohio.
Before cutting the ceremonial ribbon, Randall Scott dedicated the building “with great pride, and in memory of [his] mom and dad”.
Founded in 1948, Scott Industrial moved to their current location at 4433 Interpoint Boulevard in 1996.
Capabilities of the Updated Facility:
• Space to stock over $6 million in fluid power products.
• An expanded shop area for hydraulic repair.
• More production floor space for engineering projects.
• Engineering lab.
• Updates to the office spaces and break room for employees.
• Fitness center with locker rooms.
• A larger, more modern conference room.