Roger and Doris Scott at a Trade Show
Scott Industrial Systems continuously evolves and grows to meet our customers’ needs.
The original Scott Equipment and Engineering Company was founded as a proprietorship in 1948 by Roger L. Scott in Dayton, Ohio. The company’s product lines at that time were industrial air, hydraulic and material handling equipment. The first two years of operation were conducted at the Scott residence in Dayton, Ohio. By 1950, the business had grown to the point where it was necessary to construct a new building to house the organization on Loraine Avenue, close to the intersection with Linden Avenue.
In 1951, due to expansion beyond the Dayton area Scott Industrial Equipment Company was formed in Indianapolis, Indiana. Both companies sold a compliment of industrial and mobile cylinders, pumps, valves, engineered power units and systems, hydraulic components, pneumatic equipment, parts and service. The Indiana Corporation covered the states of Indiana and Western Kentucky. The Ohio Company covered the southern two thirds of Ohio, areas in Pennsylvania, Southern Kentucky and West Virginia.
Leo Street Opening 1980
May, 1953 marked the termination of the original proprietorship and the formation of the Scott Equipment Company with Roger Scott and Doris Scott as owners. In March, 1958, almost ten years to the day after the formation of the original company, the business moved to the Leo Street address in a much larger facility. The two organizations ran side by side until 1986 when they merged into Scott Industrial Systems. At the time, other family members decided either to retire from the business or pursue other business opportunities outside the fluid power industry.
In 1996, having outgrown our Leo street facility we moved to our current location on Interpoint Blvd.
Recently, Scott Industrial Systems added 18,000 square feet to our systems build area increasing our assembly and warehouse capacity.